Post Graduate Diploma in Family Managed Business (PGDFMB)
Post Graduate Diploma in Family Managed Business is specifically designed to advance awareness about the prospects, characteristics and future challenges to family businesses, although family businesses in India have distinction of having deep rooted cultural values, along with the Joint-family structure and strong inclination towards kinship and brotherhood, in present dynamics of business environment it very difficult to retain deep rooted cultural values along with the growth trajectories of business. This programme will enable family business owners to build on and leverage on the strengths of the family businesses and ponder through and develop suitable solutions to respond to the complexities and uncertainties in their existing businesses for sustainable and holistic growth, creation of wealth across generations and attracting and retaining right professional talent.
Programme is designed based on innovative pedagogy and latest researches on global family owned businesses. This course would enhance the knowledge for those who are involved in family business on broad areas of general management including succession and family dynamics to continuity planning and strategic performance
- Program exclusively designed for 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations of family business owners and those who wish to pursue entrepreneurial career.
- Prepare the participant for a leadership role in his/her family business and be a positive influence.
- Sharpen the ability and skills to understand the intricacies desired to scale up the family businesses.
- Provide networking opportunities and mentoring services.
- Integral & transformational approach to managing family owned businesses.
- Provide knowledge, tools and skills required for managing a business.
- Provide strong technical, economic and financial understanding, especially in the field of international operations, information technology, business analytics, customer engagement, succession planning, tax and corporate governance.
- Develop skills in successfully initiating, expanding, diversifying and managing a business enterprise with focus on understanding real life business situations and business practices.
- Inculcate among students, entrepreneurial competencies including self-confidence, goal setting, planning, information seeking, problem solving and planned risk taking.
- Develop an ethical perspective among students regarding problems and challenges faced by family owned businesses
- Bachelor's degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) from a recognized University / Institute in India or abroad, with a minimum of 50% marks.
- In case the Bachelor’s degree received from abroad, an equivalence certificate issued from Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with the application form.
- Student expecting their results by July 2018 may also apply for provisional admission subject to the fact that their aggregate score in Bachelor Degree Examination shall be a minimum of 50% marks.
- Parent series- helping in sharing existing leadership styles which are not covered in any books and management strategies. Sharing family run businesses and issues of concerns also family culture and business culture existing.
- Guest - Speakers who are practicing and managing Family Business challenges.
- Government officials – who closely deal with the business ( excise , IT office etc).
- Facilitators: - Banking sector professional, CA’s, IT experts. This will provide the participants with greater visibility as a practicing professional and also provide for networking opportunities.
- In order to break the monotony of repeated teachers – sessions can be widely distributed amongst various in house and visiting faculties.
- Faculties from the University, successful family business houses and outside institutions will conduct various sessions of the programme.