Whether you dream of being a traditional media person, like an editor or a reporter in print or TV media, or aspire to be a social media curator, a PR professional or advertising expert, the School of Journalism and Mass Communication offers you the best mix of subjects and courses. Following blended mode of learning, live projects, live newsgathering and documentary film-making constitute core of teaching learning processes. Updated with the latest in media pedagogy, the School offers various specializations like Event Management (PR) and Digital Media among others workshop mode classes by the best in academia and the media industry, seminars, media festivals and placement workshops will form a part of regular curriculum. Our live internship programs will make you work and employment-ready. Incubator Cell is designed to help you get hands-on experience with media industry partners.
The highly skilled technical team will sharpen your visual communication skills and teach you the nuances of photography, and help you become good audio-video editors with state-of-the-art laboratories, studios and editing equipment.
Duration: 3 Years
- World class programme designed for journalism and media careers of tomorrow
- Emphasis on skills for creating and editing all types of media – writing,audio, video and filmmakers
- Programme conducted by experienced media professionals from India and abroad
- Internship, training and placement support
- Successful completion of Class XII (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent grade. Students expecting their results by July 2019 may also apply for provisional admission.
- Students appearing for their Class XII examination will be given provisional admissions based on their Class X performance.
- In case the student has received the Class XII certificate from abroad or has been an IB student and has received IB diploma an equivalence certificate issued from Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with the application form.
Applications will be shortlisted based on:
- Past academic credentials.
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Personal Interview.