Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Chemistry
AURO University, School of Sciences, offers a tailor-made Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme in Chemistry for highly motivated students who have received their Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry. The main objective of this programme is to emphasize the overall development of practical skills by incorporating hands-on experience with one-to-one instrumentation and Integral education to ensure the holistic development of the students.
The M.Sc. course work in the first two years provides a combination of lectures and research-based training with close student-faculty interactions, analytical skills; communication skills; and soft skills development. After successful completion of the coursework, students may continue with the state-of-the-art research, which leads to the Ph.D. degree. It consists of coursework in advance chemistry followed by elective courses and a research methodology. The student must publish the thesis research work.
Career path you can choose after the course
- R&D Scientist
- Faculty in Academic Institutes
- Chemical Analyst
- Science writer/Advisor
- Patent Analyst
- Forensic Scientist
- Aims to support an individual’s development as a research professional.
- Researchers who are well prepared to embark on careers as academics teaching or professional scientist in the R&D division.
- Teaching assistantship & certificate while completing the degree.
- The “Industry driven curriculum” has been introduced to keep the students versed with the current trends in the Industry/Research organizations at the national and international levels through Industrial visits, internship, and regular guest lectures.
- Hands-on experience with one-to-one instrumentation in the practical.
- Increase your chances for timely completion of your Ph.D. programme in comparison to students taking the traditional route Ph.D.
- Students, who do not intend to carry out their Ph.D. degree, can exit the programme with a Master Degree in Chemistry after the successful completion of the course work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Sciences under the 10+2+3/4 system.
- The minimum requirement for the course is 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA in B.Sc. (General / B.Sc. majoring in Chemistry). Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying degree, who have appeared/about to appear for the final exams can also apply for the integrated PhD program.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be made according to Government of India rules.
- Past academic credentials
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Entrance Test
- Personal Interview.