Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Physics
AURO University, School of Sciences, introduces Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. programme, focusing highly motivated students, who have completed undergraduate degree. The integrated M.Sc. – Ph.D. programme is a combination of a two-year (four semester) Post-Graduate M.Sc. curriculum and a four-year Ph. D. programme. There is a provision of exiting the program with a Master’s degree.
In the three semesters of M.Sc., core and elective courses specialized in one subject (Chemistry or Physics) will be offered. The fourth semester will consist of advanced courses and project work. After the successful completion of comprehensive and project work, the student will continue with research leading to the Ph.D. degree.
Career path you can choose after M.Sc. Physics
- Research Scientists jobs in DRDO, PRL, IUAC, BARC, TIFR, SINP, ISRO.
- Officer jobs in ONGC, BHEL, NTPC, IOCL, Bharat Petroleum.
- Assistant Professors at India’s top universities after NET/SET exams.
- Bank, Railway jobs.
Career path you can choose after Ph.D. Physics
- Senior Research Scientists jobs in DRDO, PRL, IUAC, BARC, TIFR, SINP, ISRO.
- Senior Officer jobs in ONGC, BHEL, NTPC, IOCL, Bharat Petroleum.
- Assistant Professors at India’s top universities.
- Higher research study options, as Post – Doctorate at National and International laboratories / universities.
- Less time consuming factor, as you need to write entrance exam once (after Graduation).
- Students entering this program save nearly a year compared to those who go for a 2-year Master’s degree program elsewhere and then join the Institute for a Ph.D. program.
- Extensive exposure to theoretical and experimental aspects of the Physics along with the requisite computational techniques.
- Students will be research acquainted from early stage with exposure to various scientific activities at national laboratories like BARC, TIFR, IUAC, SINP etc.
- Teaching–Assistantship, maximum up to Rs. 50,000/- per semester
- The University will provide a certificate for the Teaching–Assistantship
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences under the 10+2+3/4 system.
- The minimum requirement for the course is 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA in B.Sc. (General / B.Sc. majoring in Physics). Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying degree, who have appeared/about to appear for the final exams can also apply for the integrated PhD program.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be made according to Government of India rules.
- Past academic credentials
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Entrance Test
- Personal Interview.