Bachelor of Science (Hons.) – Zoology is a three-year undergraduate programme encompassing aspects of scientific knowledge about animal science. The programme includes biological aspects of both living as well as extinct animals. Under this programme students will develop adequate knowledge of Environmental Management, Biodiversity Studies and Ecosystem Monitoring. Bachelor of Science (Hons.) – Zoology will also expose students to scientific methods of acquiring testing and characterising the anatomy of animals. In addition, this programme will also introduce students to the genetic evolution and the conditions necessary for the animals to sustain in the natural environment.
The programme is equally balanced with both theoretical and practical sessions, which will provide students with hands-on experience. The curriculum of Bachelor of Science (Hons.) – Zoology is inclined towards the study of modern technology, which will enable students to opt for any specialisation course post – Bachelor of Science (Hons.) like biotechnology, endocrinology, immunology, applied zoology and wildlife science. Interested aspirants can further advance their learning by enrolling for higher studies in Zoology.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Field Trials Officer
- Environmental Consultant
- Marine Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Content Writer
- Zoo Curator
- Successful Completion of class XII (10 +2) or equivalent examination in (PCM / PCB) with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent grade. Students expecting their result in July 2020 may also apply for provisional admission.
- In case the students have received the class XII certificate from abroad or has been an IB student and has been received, an IB diploma an equivalent certificate issued from Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with application form.
Applications will be shortlisted based on:
- Past academic credentials.
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Score of any Under GraduateNational Level Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview.