Integrated M. Sc. – Botany is a five-year integrated programme, which includes the study of growth, development structure and metabolism of a wide range of biological species in the plant kingdom. This program will provide full overview of different types of plant sciences with particular reference to Indian ecology, environment commodities and forestry. This programme includes both classic and applied subjects. Classic subjects impart knowledge on the study of the life cycles of algae bryophyte, gymnosperm, and angiosperm along with taxonomy. Applied subjects include biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, genetics, plant breeding, and ecology and so on. Programme learning outcomes are through various academic activities such as classroom learning, laboratory practice, outstation excursions, infield learning and research projects. This programme serves as a basis for further studies such as M.Sc., and research in Botany as well as other subjects in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Food Science, and Environmental Sciences. The curriculum trains students to work in R & D Departments of different Pharma and Chemical industries.
Career path you can choose after the course
- Nursery Manager
- Plant Pathologist
- Farming Consultant
- Plant Researcher
- Biology Content Developer
- Successful Completion of class XII (10 +2) or equivalent examination in (PCM / PCB) with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent grade. Students expecting their result in July 2020 may also apply for provisional admission.
- In case the students have received the class XII certificate from abroad or has been an IB student and has been received, an IB diploma an equivalent certificate issued from Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with application form.
Applications will be shortlisted based on:
- Past academic credentials.
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Score of any Under GraduateNational Level Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview.